- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these terms & conditions. Any entry not complying with these terms and conditions is invalid.
- Entry is open to residents of Australia, aged 18 years and above only. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, the promotional Partners, associated companies, and travel agents linked to Scenic and their related corporate bodies are not eligible to enter this promotion.
- The Promotion commences at 12:01 am AEDT on Tuesday 2 November 2021 and closes at 11:59 pm AEDT on Monday 13 December 2021 (‘promotion period’).
- To enter the promotion, participants must visit www.scenic.com.au/competition and submit the online entry form during the promotion period and provide Promoter with their contact details, including (but not limited to) name, address, email address and phone number and agree to sign-up to receive mail and/or email newsletters from Scenic Group. All eligible entries are entered into the draw. Irrespective of the number of users, only one entry per email address is permitted. (‘Eligible entry’).
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
- There will be one prize draw. The draw will take place at 2:00pm (AEDT) on Thursday 16 December 2021 at MDSA, Level 17, 40 Mount Street, North Sydney NSW 2060. All eligible entries received during the promotion period will be entered into the draw. The winner will be notified by phone and email and announced on scenic.com.au/winners on Friday 17 December 2021 and published in The Australian newspaper Wednesday 22 December 2021.The first valid and eligible entry drawn will win the prize.
- The Prize includes:
- 11-day, 10-night (excluding flight time) 5-star Tastes of Southern France river cruise in a Balcony Suite (Cat C, Sapphire Deck) for two people. The cruise departs 14 June 2023 from Lyon and finishes 24 June 2023 in Lyon (FRAC140623.C).
- Two return economy airfares on an airline of Scenic’s choice from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth to Lyon, returning from Lyon valued up to AU$2,500 per person (including all flight-associated taxes). Any costs associated with returning to the place of the Winner’s residence are at the Winner’s own expense. Airfares are subject to availability on the class specified.
- River cruise on-board the 5-Star Scenic Space-Ship with up to 149 guests
- 2 Scenic Enrich experiences including after hours access to the Cite du Chocolate where you will enjoy an interactive workshop and take in a private classical concert in the mighty Popes Palace in Avignon – Exclusive to Scenic
- Scenic Culinaire – for Exclusive on board cooking lessons
- Personalise your trip with 27 included Scenic Freechoice activities
- Dine at your choice of up to five on board venues, from casual to fine dining
- 29 meals – 10 breakfasts (B), 9 lunches (L) and 10 dinners (D)
- Complimentary premium beverages all day, every day – not just at meal times
- Butler service for every suite
- Complimentary full mini-bar restocked daily
- Innovative Salt Therapy Lounge and fitness area
- Scenic Tailormade App for river commentary and independent exploration
- The freedom of our e-bikes – electronically assisted bicycles
- Scenic Cruise Director to guide and assist & expert local guides
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout your cruise
- Return airport transfers
- All tipping and gratuities on board and on shore
Total maximum value of the prize is AUD$23,370 total which is correct as of 22 September 2021.
The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in the prize value.
Travel must be booked with Scenic Reservations within three months of the draw date and is subject to availability of all elements of the Prize. The Prize cannot be refunded for cash, exchanged or transferred and cannot be used in conjunction with any Frequent Flyer Program or the Scenic Loyalty Program, Scenic Club. The Prize is subject to dates already scheduled for the river cruise, as well as any prevailing terms and conditions of Scenic. See pertinent brochure for details.
The Prize does not cover any other travel costs not included in Clause 7. All components of the Prize must be taken together. Travel restrictions may apply. The Prize Winner and their travel companion must travel together. Meals as specified in the itinerary are included, but transfer fees (other than specified in the itinerary) domestic travel to and from departure point, passports, Visas, telephone charges, laundry, additional nights or upgrades and any other personal expenses and travel insurances are the responsibility of the winner.
Any travel or entry documentation and arrival fees are the responsibility of the Winner and their travel companion. It is the Winner’s responsibility to check with all government travel advisory and immigration authorities regarding travel requirements and eligibility. Any fines, penalties, payments and expenditure incurred as a result of not meeting such requirements are the sole responsibility of the Winner and his/her guest. If for any reason the winner is unable to accept the Prize as stated, and/or within the date indicated, the winner will forfeit that Prize and no compensation will be given in lieu.
If any portion of the Prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize, or that element of the Prize, for a Prize of similar theme and of equal value, subject to State regulation and subsequent approval.
In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster, pandemic or any other force majeure event as defined in our booking terms and conditions which are beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to either provide an alternative travel destination to the same value as the original Prize or, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion. The Promoter and the associated agencies make no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. It is the sole responsibility of the Winner and guest to first check with all government travel advisory information regarding the safety and situation of the destination of their chosen destination/event.
The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the remainder of this clause will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
The Promoter is not responsible for any cancellation, postponement, delay or rescheduling of transport and any costs incurred as a result, including, without limitation, any accommodation costs will be the sole responsibility of the Prize winner.
The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of any entrant not claiming the Prize. If the Prize remains unclaimed or forfeited through ineligibility or otherwise, the Promoter will conduct a further draw, as required, at the same time and place as the original draw on Wednesday 23 March 2022. The winner, if any, will be notified by phone and in writing. Their name will be published on scenic.com.au/winners on Wednesday 30 March 2022, and in The Australian newspaper on Wednesday 30 March 2022.
Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
The winner agrees to the use of their name, image and photograph/s for publicity and promotional purposes including social media, without compensation, and agrees that the Promoter will own copyright in any such images and photograph/s and in all material incorporating the photograph/s.
If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned (whether caused by infection by computer virus, line drop out, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the promotion), the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, (subject to any written direction given by a relevant Regulatory Authority), to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion. The Promoter may in its sole discretion disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
Scenic Tours Pty Ltd, trading as Scenic, collects personal information of entrants for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining the winner). If you are not willing for this to occur, you cannot participate in the promotion.
Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database. The Promoter is not responsible for receipt of incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information either caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated or utilised in this competition, or by any technical error that may occur in the course of administration of this competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
The Promoter collects information about entrants to include them in the promotion and, where appropriate, to award prizes and may also use the information to assist it in improving i goods and services and to contact entrants, including by electronic communication methods (including email, mail, phone and SMS) in the future, with special offers.
By entering this Promotion, entrants' consent to the storage of their entry information on the databases of the Promoter. The Promoter may use this information for future promotional and marketing purposes regarding their products and services, including contacting entrants via any contact details provided by the entrant without further reference or compensation to the entrant, for an indefinite period or until the entrant opts out from any Partner involved with this Promotion.
By entering the promotion, each entrant agrees in addition to the above uses, that the Promoter may disclose entrants’ personal information, to State and Territory lottery departments, the winners’ names will be published as required under the relevant lottery legislation and the Promoter may publish or cause to be published the winner's names and suburb in any media.
The Promoter is Scenic Tours Pty Ltd trading as Scenic (ABN 85 002 715 602) Lic. No 2TA 002 633 of Level 15, 56 Pitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000.
Authorised under NSW Permit No. NTP/02606, ACT TP21/01702 & SA Licence No. T21/1533.