Antarctica cruises - discover a whole new world
Nothing can prepare you for the awe of stepping onto the ice for the very first time.
Lands of pristine beauty, breathtaking wildlife and inestimable importance in an environmental and historical sense, travelling to the base of the globe on our Antarctica cruises is a long-held dream for most people.
This is your chance to explore the truly unique and special continent on one of our Antarctica cruises.
Go further, dream bigger and to do it in all-inclusive luxury on board the World’s First Discovery Yacht, Scenic Eclipse.
Scenic Eclipse provides the ultimate ocean cruising experience
- Six on board dining options
- Contemporary French Fine Dining – capacity 44
- Pan-Asian restaurant – capacity 100
- Italian and steak restaurant – capacity 100
- Al fresco indoor/outdoor restaurant – capacity 125
- Ocean Café and Lounge – capacity approx. 40
- In-room dining and room service
- Personal service with an almost 1:1 staff to guest ratio
- Two seven-seat helicopters
- One seven-seat submarine
- 12 custom-built Zodiacs
- Snorkelling and scuba equipment
- Internal mud room (change room)
- Marine platform
- A remotely operated underwater vehicle (ROV) with camera
- Spa sanctuary
- Indoor/outdoor swimming pool and jacuzzi
- Gym, yoga and pilates studio
- 240 seat theatre
- Experienced Scenic Cruise Director
- Experienced Discovery Team all year round
It’s not just Antarctica
Our Antarctica cruises not only take you to this extraordinary continent, we also cruise to two intriguing archipelagos.
Little islands with big tales to tell, South Georgia Island is one of the most unique and important bio-diverse places on Earth and the Falkland Islands offer up plenty of natural beauty, along with an intriguing history. Both places are the perfect addition to your time cruising Antarctica.
South Georgia has as much biodiversity as the famous Galápagos Islands. In all, 1,500 species call the brisk waters and chilly lands of South Georgia Island home. During your time on this little outpost you never know just what you’ll see.
Learn about the incredible Ernest Shackleton’s great heroics, the legacy of the whaling industry and the careful work that has been done to rejuvenate this environmentally precious corner of the world.
Fall for the Falklands
Featuring spectacular populations of penguins, seals and albatross, the Falkland Islands are so much more than the legacy of war and sovereignty claims lead you to believe.
A place of great beauty featuring white sandy beaches, dramatic cliffs and windswept grasslands of buttercup yellows and sage greens, the Falklands are a revelation for the first-time visitor.
Our Antarctica cruises in December allow you to experience the rare and precious event of New Year’s Eve in Antarctic waters.
In January its birthing season for a myriad of species, February is a thrilling playground of new life and late February is preparation time for the great migration north. No matter what time you cruise during the season you’ll witness great wonders and magical moments on our Antarctica cruises.
Excursions and experiences
How many shore excursions will you experience on our Antarctica cruises?
Your time on Scenic Eclipse includes an average of two Zodiac excursions each day on the Antarctic Peninsula*, a range of activities, lectures and opportunities designed to immerse you in the Antarctic way of life courtesy of our Discovery Leaders and their team, plus the chance to go above, beyond and below with our helicopters and submarine.
We’ve even added an extra day in the peninsula region to ensure you get to experience even more of this incredible adventure. Discover and explore Antarctica holidays.
*Subject to weather and ice conditions.
Submarine and helicopters
Across all our Antarctica cruises, our seven-seat submarine and two seven-seat helicopters will give you exclusive access to some of the world’s most spectacular and least visited locations.
There’s no limit to where you can go. Venture further inland than most on the Antarctic continent and have the thrill of landing on the ice and seeing wildlife in their natural habitat.
Scenic Eclipse makes discovery on our Antarctica expeditions effortless and pleasurable.
Discovery just got even more exciting thanks to our handcrafted itineraries which are filled to the brim with extraordinary experiences across all our Antarctica cruises.
Our fleet of 12 custom-made Zodiacs and kayaks are perfect for the many shore excursions you’ll have on and off the ice as well as our helicopters and submarine which will take you beyond the horizon in terms of what you can see and do.
Imagine cruising Antarctic waters alongside breaching whales or soaring high above an iceshelf? Our expert Discovery Leaders and their team will make sure you don’t miss a minute of it.
Scenic Eclipse sets the standard in ocean cruising in terms of technology, size and luxury. State-of-the-art safety features allow us to unlock destinations others can only dream of.
Designed to deliver the ultimate experience of a lifetime for only 200 guests in Antarctic and South Georgia Island, Scenic Eclipse takes ocean cruising to a whole new level – marrying luxury, discovery and safety, and giving guests the opportunity to explore above and beyond what was previously imaginable.
- Built: Croatia, 2018
- Builder: Uljanik Group
- Port of registry: Malta
- Cruising speed: 17 knots
- Gross tonnage: 17,000
- Gross tonnage per guest: 72
- Length: 168 metres
- Breadth: 21.5 metres (moulded)
- Draught: 5.3 metres
- Passenger decks: 8
- Suites: 114
- Crew: 172 (182 in Polar regions)
- Passengers: 228 (200 in Polar regions)
- Nationality of crew: international
- Rating: Polar Class 6 (Ice Class 1A Super)
Antarctica cruises can be challenging thanks to the unpredictability of the elements. As a result we’ve built a discovery yacht that is the safest and most technologically advanced in the world, which in turn allows us to design the most innovative and exciting itineraries possible.
With a rating of Ice Class 1A (Polar Class 6 in the new classification), navigation through Antarctic waters is enabled, giving us the broadest range of landing sites of any luxury vessel.
From the moment you step on board, your every wish is granted on Scenic Eclipse.
Your suite will boast elegant lounge areas, oversized bathrooms and the most luxurious of bed linen and comfort. Stocked with lavish toiletries and all the amenities you would expect from a 5-star hotel, your suite includes a complimentary mini bar that is restocked daily.
Individually selected, elegant furnishings, HDTV, climate control a pillow menu, nightly turn down service, safe for your valuables, WiFi internet throughout and in-suite dining will all enhance your experience on board.
- Verandah Suite: 66 suites at 32sqm
- Deluxe Verandah Suite: 29 suites at 38sqm
- Spa Suite: 14 suites at 48sqm
- Panorama Suite: two suites at 56sqm
- Grand Panorama Suite: one suite at 100sqm, including a terrace of 43sqm
- Owner’s Penthouse: two suites at 185sqm, including a terrace of 65sqm
- Two-bedroom Owner’s Suite: one suite at 233sqm, including a terrace of 65sqm
And then there’s your private verandah. A place to watch the world cruise by, observe marine life, marvel at fascinating landscapes, enjoy meals, it will become a favourite place during your cruise.
There is no better way to cruise to Antarctica, South Georgia and the Falkland Islands than on board the all-inclusive Scenic Eclipse.
Featuring sumptuous verandah suites, equipped with the finest amenities, a range of indoor and outdoor lounge areas, gourmet dining and beverages and a host of activities and experiences to enrich your time on board. It's akin to staying in the world’s best hotels, with the added bonus of the chance to travel to one of the most extraordinary destinations on this planet.
- 100% verandah suites
- Unlimited complimentary beverages including mini-bar replenished daily
- All meals on board
- In-suite room service
- Choice of six dining options – from casual fare to fine dining
- Butler service for every guest
- Expert-led shore excursions
- Chef-prepared picnics available for shore excursions
- Late night menu
- Cocktails to your room
- Zodiac, kayak and snorkelling adventures
- On board entertainment and lectures
- Complimentary Wi-Fi internet
- Complimentary self-service guest laundry
- Personalised airport transfers
- All tipping, gratuities and porterage