- Preheat the oven to 220°C or heat oil in a fryer.
- Toss potatoes with melted butter and spread onto a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 25–30 minutes or until tender and golden, turning potatoes over a few times during baking; or fry potatoes in oil until tender and golden. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, melt butter and brown onions on medium heat. Add vinegar and brown sugar. Bring to a boil and let boil for 3–4 minutes.
- Pour beef broth into the skillet and return to a boil. Mix remaining sauce ingredients and add to the skillet, stirring with a whisk.
- Let simmer until thickened.
- Divide potatoes into 4 bowls, garnish with cheese, top with sauce and enjoy.
Source: Dairy Farmers of Canada