River cruise guarantee
Staying true to our commitment of being all-inclusive, Scenic has partnered with a well-known global insurance company to offer, for the first time, river cruising travel insurance.
On every Scenic river cruise you’ll be automatically covered once you commence your cruise for any delays or cancellations that occur due to weather, natural disasters, mechanical breakdowns or strikes. There’s nothing extra to pay, we automatically cover you in the price you pay for your cruise in 2017.
We appreciate that you’ve invested a lot in your holiday with us and we want to ensure that we provide you with peace of mind when travelling with Scenic.
Our river cruising guarantee is designed to give you comfort and assurance for certain events which prevent you from cruising, and are not considered typical or usual to river cruising. Our river cruising guarantee is designed to insure for unforeseen events rather than minor delays or deviations.
In the event that a claim is required, instead of the industry standard of future cruise credits you will be refunded in cash.
What is classed as an unforeseen event?
- A complete halt to your 2017 itinerary where the ship is unable to sail and we are unable to deliver your on shore excursions except by way of coach rides of greater than 3 hours each way
- Where we have the ability to accommodate you on another Scenic Space-Ship due to high/low water but your itinerary is delayed more than 24 hours
- If there is a mechanical breakdown on the ship that results in it not being able to continue the cruise and there are no alternative ships available
- If due to industrial action we are not able to pass through a lock and your cruise can not continue
What is classed as a normal disruption and is therefore not covered?
- If high water levels prohibit the sailing of the ship for an afternoon but we are able to make it under the bridge that evening and deliver you to your scheduled disembarkation place the following day.
- If we swap ships due to high/low water and the ship swap takes less than 6 hours to complete
- If we embark/disembark the ship less than 100 kilometres from your scheduled point of embarkation
- If we have to make alternate arrangement for any itinerary activities. For example, if due to prevailing conditions we are not able to attend Marksburg Castle and we select a replacement of similar quality, this will not constitute an event of delay.
Who do I talk to for more information?
Our terms and conditions are available to download here (link to T&C doc). To find out more please contact your Scenic Agent or call us on 138 128
Full terms and conditions for River Cruising Cover
If a claim is rejected or part paid by your travel insurance, you may be eligible for coverage under Our Chubb Insurance policy. Following are the terms and conditions that apply to Our Chubb Insurance policy: