River cruise guarantee
Staying true to our commitment of being all-inclusive, Scenic has partnered with Chubb Insurance, a leading global insurance company to offer, for the first time, a River Cruise Cover.
On every Scenic river cruise you’ll be automatically covered once you commence your cruise for certain delays or cancellations that occur due to adverse weather conditions, natural disasters, mechanical breakdowns or strikes.
We appreciate that you’ve invested a lot in your holiday with us and we want to ensure that we provide you with a level of cover when travelling with Scenic.
The River Cruise Cover
If Your Scenic Tour is delayed or cancelled after You have commenced Your Scenic Tour and before you have disembarked and completed Your Scenic Tour due to:
- mechanical breakdown;
- civil commotion;
- river or canal lock damage or closure;
- adverse weather conditions; or
- natural disasters;
Depending on the level of Your Scenic Tour, You will be paid up to a maximum of $1,000 for each full 24 hour period from the start of the delay or cancellation up to a maximum of $7,000 (or seven (7) consecutive 24 hour periods) or the originally scheduled end date of Your Scenic Tour, whichever is the lesser.
We will not pay for claims arising directly or indirectly from:
- Consequential loss of any kind including loss of enjoyment or any financial loss not specifically covered in the Policy;
- War, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), Civil War, rebellion, revolution, insurrection or military or usurped power;
- any loss or expense with respect to Cuba or a specially designated person, entity, group or company on the Specially Designated List or which if reimbursed or paid by Us would result in Us being in breach of trade or economic sanctions or other such similar laws or regulations;
- any nuclear reaction or contamination, ionising rays or radioactivity;
- any Goods and Services Tax (GST) liability or any fine, charge or penalty You are liable for because of a failure to fully disclose to Us Your input tax credit entitlement for the premium;
Examples of what is classed as a normal disruption and is therefore not covered:
- If high water levels prohibit the sailing of the ship for an afternoon but we are able to make it under the bridge that evening and deliver you to your scheduled disembarkation place the following day.
- If we swap ships due to high/low water and the ship swap takes less than 6 hours to complete
- If we embark/disembark the ship less than 100 kilometres from your scheduled point of embarkation
- If we have to make alternate arrangement for any itinerary activities. For example, if due to prevailing conditions we are not able to attend Marksburg Castle and we select a replacement of similar quality, this will not constitute an event of delay.
Who do I talk to for more information?
Scenic River Cruise Cover is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687. For full details of the insurance cover, including terms, conditions and exclusions, please refer to the Terms and Conditions available to read here.
Please be sure to read the Insurance Terms and Conditions booklet carefully and be aware of its various terms, conditions and exclusions. To find out more please contact your Scenic Agent on 138 128 or call Chubb on 1800 803 548.